A few weeks I posted about 5 common myths about pain. Over the next few posts I will try to explain why each is a myth. Here is that list again if you didn’t see it or don’t remember it.
- Pain comes from a specific structure in your body, for example a joint, bone, or muscle.
- The amount of pain some is experiencing is directly related to the amount of structural damage or seriousness of an injury.
- Pain signals are sent from the body to the brain
- Pain is a completely physical experience, separate from thoughts or emotions
- Pain is in your head or psychosomatic if no physical injury or signs are present, for example negative scans or no obvious injury
We tackled the 1st myth (actually #3 on the list) in this post https://ascentpt.wordpress.com/2015/03/11/pain-myth-1/
Today I will talk about #1 on our list. Pain does not need to come…
View original post 440 more words